Saturday, April 25, 2009

Finally!!!!! Sunshine!!!!!

I finally have sunshine! I now, also, have a sunburn. Oh well, can't have it all. We have been doing so much around here, that I haven't had much time to write on here. Sorry about that. Anyway, isn't it amazing how a little bit of sunshine can give you such an emotional boost? It was so nice here, me and Hubby decided to go to the local flea market.

Our local flea market is on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I love going there! My favorite part is seeing all the old tools that the old timers bring in to sell. These old men will sit their things up on tables to display them like they are their babies. Which they are, if you think about it. They have probably spent more time with those tools than their children. They might have used the tools WITH their children. Man, if those tools could talk.

Another part of the flea market I enjoy is the canned goods that the women bring to sell. Today must have been kraut day. There were jars of it all over the place. And the honey, some of the best looking honey you'll ever see. I didn't know where to look first. Being kinda hungry didn't help matters either. I was good though, I only purchased sunglasses.( I needed them because the sun was out! Yay!)

I started to plant my beets today but, the ground was still to wet. Maybe tomorrow.We finally took the plastic off of the house. I can now open windows and let the fresh air in. Nothing better this time of year. I can just feel the house take a deep breath. It told me," Thank you."( not that the house talks to me....oh never mind.)

Hubby is coming along on the new house. He has put the steps from the walk-in basement to the main floor. Now he's starting the electric. Once we get power, we can move in the basement. I can't wait. We are trying to decide if we want to use our well, which has plenty of water, but it has either rust or red clay in it from time to time, or use our cistern, which could run out of water. I think we are leaning to the cistern. Just things we are going to have to figure out as we go along.

Well now I'm going to go and take a nice long bath. It's been a long day. But at least it was sunny!

So for now....

Small Farm Girl

1 comment:

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

LOL! hey I know what you mean about the house saying "Thankyou" Ours does this when we open the windows after a long cold winter. It NEEDS fresh air in and old stale air out!

You new home sounds wonderful, I bet you're excited to move in too.

About the water situation, if you use a cistern, why not use your well water and add a whole house filter to filter out the color and possible particles. The reason I suggest this is my folks had this done to their house, to help filter out sand from the well. My Dad changes the filter 3-4 time a year and it's only about $35 per filter.

Have a blessed day!
Kelle