Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Real Thing

This is the real thing. This is not a teaser blog. I have a small break this morning, so I decided to blog.

I don't even know where to start. Somewhere between Hubby's oldest graduating, and the holiday, we finally got the garden planted. (Do I hear a YEEHAW!?)We planted the corn, the beans, the tomatoes, along with other things. We are done. I hope. I also planted an herb garden. A friend of mine is going to give me some mints and balms. Spearmint,peppermint,chocolate mint, bee balm, lemon balm and so on. I'm going to make teas. I've never made teas before, so if anyone has any advice, please feel free to comment.

Another thing that we have been doing is having a benefit concert for the church that my uncle goes to.

This is my two uncles and my dad. (my dad is the handsome one on the right.) They have played music all of their lives. They play anything from gospel, to old rock,to bluegrass.When you grow up poor, you have to make your own entertainment. The whole family is musical. I grew up riding a tour bus on the weekends. That is some of my fondest memories.This weekend brought back a lot of those. It was great! (If I could dance as much everyday as I did that night, I would be a size 2.)


Another thing that we did this weekend was pull Lily pads out of our pond. I don't think I have laughed that hard and for that long in a while.

This is Hubby(in the middle) with his niece and her fiance. You should have seen them get in the boat.


They picked Lily pads out of our pond until they couldn't see if they were pulling out a Lily pad or a snake. (It was never a snake. But they didn't know that.)It was almost completely dark when they pulled the boat out of the water. They didn't get all of the Lily pads out that day, but there still is tomorrow. We figure if we keep pulling them out, sooner or later they have to die out. (We hope)

Well my break is about over so I'm going to have to stop for now. I'll blog sooner this time. I promise.

Until later....

Small Farm Girl,busy girl

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yeehaw!! We're still not finished planting ours. We only have a little bit of space left, so it shouldn't be long (unless the husband starts plowing again).
By the way, I like the paint job on the boat. Oh, and I replied to your comment, but I'm not sure if you'll get it. I forgot to put the link for the Challenge, so I revised my post. The link will take you to the original site, so you can see more information.

Snowbound Farms said...

I'll definitely give you a yeehaw!!! We're up north here and are trying to get all the planting done. Two weeks into it now. I'd like to plant the corn today but of course it's raining. Got the chicken coop done though... Busy, busy here too. Keep smiling, love the blog.