Saturday, July 20, 2013

Topics 1,2, and 3

Guess what?  I'm sitting outside writing this!  Not inside in front of the air conditioner, but OUTSIDE!!!!  We had some storms go through last night and they cooled it down some! Yay!!!!!! We don't have to wear scuba gear just to breath anymore. The humidity is not to bad!  We are still planning on having some storms come through tonight, and they are suppose to be strong, but as of now, I'm enjoying our weather.  So, now I can talk about something other than how hot or how wet it is. hehehe

Topic number one......Phelan from A Homesteading Neophyte will be my new neighbor in just a couple weeks.  I'm sooo excited!!!!!  It's going to be so nice to have a neighbor who thinks along the same lines as I do.  It's also going to be fun trading recipes with her.  I'm stuck in the "Paula Deen" type of cooking, biscuits and gravy, steak and potatoes, beans and corn bread type meals.  Now don't get me wrong, I can make some mean southern food, but every once in a while, I want something, well, different.  The only kind of cooking I do with fruit is cobblers, crisps, and pies. LOL.  Oh, and don't forget making fruit syrups for our ice cream.  She actually puts fruit on meat.  Gasp!!!!  :)  I've got a lot to learn.  I think I'll swap her some of my southern recipes for some of her "fancy smansy" recipes. hehehehe

Topic number two..... This topic can almost become a rant, so bare with me here.....  When has people become so sensitive to what other people say?  Has our society gotten so insecure that if a person says something about you, it automatically is true?  Everyone is so afraid of "offending" the other person because of this.  And you wonder why our younger generation text all the time.  They are afraid to talk!  Someone might take offense in something they say!!!! Now a days there are so many people just waiting to sue over a phrase or comment that someone has said.  Suck it up people!!!!!  If you don't like something that someone says, don't listen!  Very simple. If someone calls you lazy, it doesn't instantly mean you are lazy.  (Although someone would probably sue over that too.)  If someone says something offensive to you, move on!  Stock it up as ignorance on that person part.  It shouldn't reflect on you.  Now don't get me wrong, I not saying this so that you can be mean to people.  I'm talking about the person on the receiving end of the conversation.  You know what kind of person you are.  BE that kind of person that you want to be, not what someone else says you are.  Okay, I'm done ranting now.

Topic number three......Okay, I have no topic number three.  But, if you have a topic number one and a topic number two, a topic number three has to follow.  But, I have nothing to put here right now so you can use your imagination. lol

So until next time,

Small Farm Girl,  enjoying the weather.



6 comments:

Phelan said...

Lol! Some said my cooking was froufrou. But they came back for seconds. It will be fun cooking together, just remember I am uncouth, and tend to burn myself.

small farm girl said...

We'll get along just fine then. lol

Robbyn said...

you guys should have your own homestead youtube cooking segments together combining tornado and KY..."twist and holler"?? lol where southern cooking meets prairie gourmet! and yeah, I'm totally with you on people growing up and wearing their big girl knickers. Of course it's being led by wussy politicians who sue over anything and prop up their own selected causes to promote them as "in touch" with the public. I think most of these people could surely do with a few weeks mucking out stalls, putting in a garden, and having to toughen up :-)

small farm girl said...

Robbyn...I don't know if the world is ready for us yet. lol!!!!! But I do like the twist and holler idea.

Sandy Livesay said...

It's going to be fun having a blogger friend as your neighbor.

Phelan said...

Twist and holler. Giggle.