Monday, October 8, 2012

Busy Weekend!

Is it just me? Is October one of the busiest months? Whew!!! This weekend we were gone from the house every day since Friday! We did sleep here at nights, but we had so many things going on, we didn't have time to do anything around the house. In fact, I didn't have time to even do dishes or laundry. I am out of clean forks and clean underwear. (Not necessarily in the order of importance. lol)  We were busy, but it was worth it.

Friday we went to the Wool Festival in Falmouth Ky. It was WONDERFUL!!!!! I learn soooo much when I go to this festival. This time I learned about felting wool. It's so interesting! It's like making sculptures with wool. I think I love this!! :)  It just might(cough, cough) be my new obsession. It's easy, it's artsy, and it's very fun! Look it up, you just might be hooked too.We also got to see the Crazy Sheep Lady, Sara. I just love her! You will too! Stop by her blog and tell her I sent you. If you love sheep and anything to do with wool, she is your lady.

Saturday we went to help my cousin move into her first home. The house was just adorable!  She was so excited to finally get her own house. She did an excellent job of picking one. We didn't get home until late Saturday night and we were TIRED!

Sunday we had to go and do our basic running. Hubby had to get parts for his truck, we paid a bill off, and we had to do some grocery shopping. (Don't even get me started on the prices.) We didn't get home until after 8 pm. I've had enough!!!!

So instead of doing dishes or laundry, I had to get my priorities straight and blog first. hehehehe.

So until next time,

Small Farm Girl, procrastinator

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

I'd LOVE to learn how to spin, card, felt, etc. wool. I guess I'm lucky that there isn't a festival like that around here because DH would kill me if I started another project. Maybe next winter!

(hope you got some clean skivvies!)

sista said...

Not a wool person but do like to knit. I agree on the grocery prices. Glad I don't have to do that as much as I use to due to the garden and canning, baking my own stuff etc. Glad you had fun. Hard to find the time for that these days.

small farm girl said...

Thanks Carolyn Renee! The skivvies are clean!!!!!! lol

sista...Thank you! We did have fun. I don't have time for it either. hehehehe

Candy C. said...

Even though you were busy, busy, it sounds like you had a good time! I have seen little felted animals and they are just too durn cute! I hope you show us some when you get a chance! :)

V.L. Locey said...

I`m not a weaver either but it sure sounds like you had fun!