Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Random Pics

I haven't put many pictures on here lately, so I though I would bombard you with a few now.

This is the cake that I baked my Mom for her birthday. Carrot cake, yummmm! Happy Birthday Mom!!!




This is a picture of an ant that my Dad found back on the hill by his house. As you can tell it is HUGH! The stinger was big also. We had never seen anything like it before. So he looked it up on the Internet(of course). It is an ant from the southwestern part of the US. Hello?! Since when has Ky been southwest? It might have just been a fluke, but he found two. Yikes!




This is a picture of the guys working on making our road wider.




I don't like the idea of not having any trees in front of our house. Guess I'll just have to plant some more. Oh, and the fence will go back up too. I don't want people driving through our yard.



And now, let me tell you a little story.


Once upon a time, there was a boy and a girl. The boy and girl thought it would be funny to steal a camera while the owner of the camera, wasn't watching.


This boy and girl took random pictures of things with this camera. The owner of the camera had pictures of the floor. The owner of the camera had pictures of feet. The owner of the camera had pictures of pop cans.


But, you see, the boy and girl forgot that the owner, of the camera, has a blog and that the owner, of the camera, can put pictures on here for the whole,wide world to see. So the moral of the story is.....Don't steal my camera! hehehehe



So until next time,

Small Farm Girl, camera owner.

14 comments:

Felinae said...

That cake looks delicious!!
The ant...yeah, we wont talk about the ant. :D
Pics of boy and girl, too funny. :)

Have a good day!
~Fel~

Anonymous said...

Your mom's Birthday Cake looks very yummy!! The ant maybe a Fire Ant. They have them in North and South Carolina. They make big ant hills and you don't wanna get stung by one!!! Enjoyed the thiefs of your camera. Silly Thangs!! Your road will be a bloody mess until it's finished...ugh. Been there...debbie

Unknown said...

LMAO@ Boy & Girl Pics!!!
That will show them!

Barbara said...

Too cute, thanks for sharing with all us silly bloggers, hugs my friend, Barbara

soni lil sis said...

ok, now in my defense.. it was "THE BOY'S" idea to take random pics. I just happen to be the one that got to be in the pics. But i never saw the one with Ray's foot on it... that was the best.. lol,,

Melissa E said...

Hahahaha! I guess your camera wont be stolen again anytime soon! That cake looks too delicious to eat!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

As Granny Walden would of said, "that'll learn 'em!" My fam is always hesitant to have me snap their photo, "it'll end up on Mom's blog" is the phrase most often. SIL got rather upset when I put his pic up when baby Ian was born. Go figure.....

God bless ya and have yourself a glorious day sweetie!!! :o)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

BTW...cravin' carrot cake now. It looks amazingly delicious! Yummy!!!!

Bitmap said...

The "ant" is a kind of wasp called a velvet ant and sometimes called a "cow killer". I see them frequently. Most are fairly small, maybe an inch long but I have seen them 2x that size. The one in your pic is a female.

Here is a link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velvet_ant

You have to be careful when barefoot and especially if you let your kids run barefoot (everyone should) because they can give a nasty sting.

Survival Chick said...

Hahaha.. looks like something I would do.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

OOooh! So naughty! Yay you!
Sometimes I like when my kids borrow my camera and then I go and see what they took photos of. It's interesting to see what caught their eyes....some of it makes me laugh, too.

That ant looks evil! Did you find any that we're alive? Did it have wings? Our NM state insect is the tarantula wasp and looks sort of like that. We live in the SW and I've never seen an ant that looked like that, though....thank goodness!


Mmmm! I Sooooo want a piece of that carrot cake! Your Mom is so lucky for such a thoughtful generous daughter like you. :)


~Lisa

R Dean said...

Those silly digital camera thiefs..hahaha...well, I guess pictures of pop cans, feet, the floor, etc. is relatively mild considering what they COULD have taken pictures of...hahaha...

Sarah said...

the cake looks yummy and the ant looks scary! Actualyl I've seen those ants a number of times when I lived in TN, so I guess its not that uncommon for that area. Maybe there is an eastern variety? Non the less they are GROSS!

Robbyn said...

Aw cool, you found a red velvet ant! It's really a female type of wasp...we see them here from time to time and they're harmless unless you step right on one or try to mess with it...it is said to pack a major sting if you do. But we've never had a problem with them because their beautiful coloration is usually enough of a deterrent. Ok that carrot cake looks fantastic :)