Monday, August 30, 2010

Are You REALLY Prepared

I know a lot of you are prepared for many things that could happen. Growing a garden just in case food prices go up. You put a blanket in your car in the winter just in case of a wreck. You have a generator just in case your electric goes out. And so on.......But, have you prepared for everything? You may be prepared in your mind. You may be prepared with your possessions. But, are you prepared physically?

I got to thinking about this the other day. Me,I am not a member of the exercise lovers club. I am more like a member of the "Don't Like To Sweat Club." If you were ever being chased by wild animals, you would want me with you. Not because I could fight the wild animals off. OOOOHHH NO! Because there is no way that I could out run you. The animals would catch me and eat me while you are getting away. Let's just say this body was not made for running. lol

Anyway, I was thinking, if me and Hubby were out riding our four wheeler and we had a wreck, would I be able to run to the nearest place for help if Hubby was hurt. The answer is......Ah.....NO. Hubby would just have to be hurt for a while if the nearest place for help was more than a few feet. In other words, I AM OUT OF SHAPE! BAD!!!!

So, I decided that I can prepare for many things, why not be prepared physically? I'm not talking about going to the high school and walking around their track. The last time I looked, we never go four wheeling next to a high school track. It's more like up and down some steep hills, across some really brushy land. I need to, well, basically do some extreme hiking. Maybe later on, dare I say...running?

Another thing that I'm going to do is join our neighborhood weight loss club. Around 15 or so girls are getting together every week for a diet meeting. It just gives me incentive to lose weight and get in shape. I'll have to post some pictures of the meetings.

So since my garden was a flop this year, I'm going to work at making my body NOT flop. hehehehe


So until next time,

Small Farm Girl, wild animal food.

15 comments:

V.L. Locey said...

I`m much like you SFG, the only time I run is when something that can eat me is behind me. I wish you luck in your weight loss plans, it is a very tough thing to battle. =)

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

You go girl! It is a hard battle but just remember you din't gain it all overnight, so you won't loose it overnight either, sorry I know that is hard to hear but I am a realist*wink* I've lost 45 lbs over alittle over a year, I did regress and gain 15 back last winter< Grrr.....> but now have lost that and 5lbs I don't weigh myself very often as I quickly found out it was a bummer, so instead weigh every other week( once). I've dropped from a size 24 down to a 18 and some 16's*wink* I'd like to loose 35 more pounds and that will give me some leadway if I start to gain*sigh* I feel better, have far, far more energy and look healthier too !

You're off to a great start! something I found that helps me stay focused is to picture myself thinner, especially when I'm craving something I shouldn't eat! Also craving go away if you get busy doing something else to take you mind off of it, mine only last 10-15 minutes, so I just get busy cleaning or checking on the animals, away from the FOOD!*wink*
Blessings,
Kelle

Joseph's Grainery Recipes said...

I'm with you...I don't like running, unless something's chasing me. It's a necessary evil.

Anonymous said...

I wish you good luck!! Having a meeting with your neighobrhood gals seems like a great idea to me. It's hard to do, I've been working at it for 3 months and have lost 20 lbs and am down one size. You can DO IT!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
Get stocked up on sugar free jello and when your starved, eat a little cup of jello with low fat canned whipped cream and it'll tide you over!! It has been my saving grace!! Good Luck ...debbie

Melodie said...

I wish you luck!I think weight loss may be the hardest battle ever!

Cat said...

"The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step". So start steppin'!

:)

Cat, who is working on being a little more active.

Anonymous said...

Focus on the journey and how you feel in your skin, then the numbers on the scale will naturally go down...unless they don't need to! Best wishes to you, as you know, I'm on the exact same journey. ~Vonnie (aka: peacemom)

Melissa E said...

Hey, you touched on a good idea, instead of exercising and dieting you could just strap a raw steak to your back and go out in the wilderness...then you could really try that whole running from wild animals thing...that would be good incentive to get moving...heheh...seriously though, you can do it, being physically prepared for emergencies is great incentive and having friends that have the same goals for weight loss will surely help you reach your goals!

Andora said...

I just went to the doctor this week and am having a lot of trouble with sadness and depression from menopause(spelling)she ask if I exercised,I said I feel to bad to do anything and I said I don't like this ME.so anyways she said to start walking and it will really help me.so I did,started out two miles..boy was I out of shape..but do you know after the very first day I really felt different...so it not only helps to get your hubby out of the woods(if ever need be)but it helps with so many things..so get out there and start walking...good luck and you can do it...

Aunt Krissy said...

I had to laugh. I judge myself on if I could climb a roap, tree, or fence to get away from the bear or whatever is going to eat me up. I would die tired, sweaty and cranky!

Unknown said...

OK honestly, you made me spew Ice Tea all over my computer. I am still laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes!
Thanks for the best laugh I have had All DAY!

Sarah said...

good point. Never think much about being physiccaally prepared!
That's great that there is a group working together adn supporting each other like that! And I hate exercise, but if you can disguise it as vigorous nature walks it helps. What better time of year to get out and explore the forest than fall!

duckidaho said...

You make a great point about being physically prepared for emergencies. After some injuries I gained quite a bit of weight and lost quite a bit of muscle tone. I've started really pushing the exercise and changing the diet and I've been toning up and losing a few pounds. It's slow going. I chose hiking and bicycling as my means of exercise. I'm not much for the gym. Good luck.

Horses Are Our Lives said...

lol, I know how you feel! We made an exercise room this spring. I've yet to use it! lol But this winter!!! as soon as it's too cold to ride. lol

duckidaho said...

Hi there, I liked this topic so much I'd like to talk about it on my blog. OK? BTW, hows the physical fitness going?