Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Rambling

Have you ever went back to check out all of the blogs that you follow? I did that today. Quite a bit of them no longer have an active blog. I say "not active" when it has been more than 4 months sence any activity. So I just quit following them. Now I have more space to put blogs that I do follow.

We are possibly getting city water out here in no-man's land. I'm not sure how I feel about it. My clothes would like to have city water. They could actually get clean now. What I'm not sure about, is drinking it. I don't like to rely on someone else when it comes to our water. Is it clean? What are they putting in it? Will I have to pay a lot of money for it? Will there be enough pressure? Will I have to constanly be under a boil order? See, not sure what I think about getting it. We will keep our well and cistern to water plants and animals though. I don't like putting city water on my plants. Usually there is clorine in the water. Plants don't like clorine. I will probabley get the water tap, but I just don't think I'll drink it. I'm not wild about city water taste. Not wild about the clorine myself either.

One good thing that is coming out of getting water, is our road is getting widened. Right now our road is barely wide enough for one car. There are also many blind curves. Many accidents have occured because of our road. Have you ever seen a UPS truck hit a mail truck? I have. Luckily our road is gravel so speed isn't usually involved in the accidents. Although, sometimes it is. I'll take some pictures later to show you the progress. I wished I had some before pictures to compare.

I am happy to announce that we did NOT have to kill any spiders last night. And, the cricket has moved on. Maybe the spiders ate the cricket and then died of food poisoning. I could happen. lol

Well I hope my rambling hasn't comfused you too much. hehehhe

So until next time,

Small Farm Girl,rambiler

5 comments:

Denise said...

If you let your water sit in a container with no lid on it the chlorine will evaporate out. We do this here. I really wish we had well water or spring water, lucky you.

Unknown said...

Maybe the cricket heard you were going to be getting city water and ran away from home.

~~Hey... I'm just sayin....~~

Tonia said...

After being on county water for years and Hating it!... We have a well at this house and I love it. I don't like the chlorine or the fluoride they put in it.. They are related both interfere with thyroid function.. In the last 30 yrs thyroid problems have increased drastically and so have chlorinated and fluoride infused water.. Anyway.. It could be a good thing or a bad thing. Personally I hated paying that bill every month and the office people in our district were rude!lol

Texan said...

I won't drink tap water, haven't for years. I have a counter top steam disitller. If you could see and smell what is left behind from distilling one gallon of tap water!! Not good.

We would to have a well drilled but ouch$$ that is expensive. Maybe someday :O).

Texan said...

ah that is we would love to have a well drilled.