Monday, September 16, 2013

New Addition


Here's the new addition to the farm!!! One of the Wild Cows had a little bull!  Last year neighbor's bull jumped our fence and got in with our ladies.  He called one morning to tell me the "bad news."  I was elated!  We didn't have a bull at that time so I was GLAD that his bull jumped the fence.  He was glad that I was glad. lol!!! Saved us from having to buying one this that.  We wondered if our cow had gotten pregnant because all of his cows had already had their calves.  Well, I guess she was!!!!!!!  Now we don't have to wait one more year for steaks!  Yay!!!!!

So until next time,

Small Farm Girl,  new calf owner

6 comments:

Willow said...

Congrats to a productive mistake .lol

Sunnybrook Farm said...

You sure got lucky, that looks like a beef breed! We have dairy steers.

Katidids said...

Ohh! Lucky you! Not much better than farm fresh beef.

Carolyn said...

What a fortunate "fencing failure" :)

Sandy Livesay said...

Congrats on the new baby!!!!

small farm girl said...

Willow...Thank you very much!

Katidids... I know!!!!!

Carolyn....I'm just glad it held up for when we had a bull in our pasture too.


Sandy...Thank you!!!