Friday, December 28, 2012

Resolutions Anyone?

Well, it's that time of year. The time of year that you look back and evaluate how the past year went and what you want to do different in the coming year. I know some people don't like to make resolutions but, I DO! To me it's like a new beginning. Yes, I understand that I get a new beginning every day. I just like the thought of the "Big Day". I like anticipation. lol.

 Anyway, this year I have made some really good resolutions. (I want to stick this in here that I don't beat myself up if I don't keep these. So, this is more fun than anything else. :)) This year, I want to make most of my food from scratch. I want to go to the grocery store and just buy the basics. No more $200 grocery bill for only 2 people every two weeks. Especially since we have 2 freezers full of meat and veggies. That's just stupid!!!!!! I don't buying thing like frozen pizza or processed foods. No! I buy things like cheese and soups.(Ok, those are processed. lol) I would buy breads and snacks for Hubby's lunch that he takes to work. That in itself is $50 a week. So this year, I am just buying the basics so that I have to make things from scratch. I'm gonna start making the bread, the snacks, the soups, and hopefully anything in between. I can, I just haven't. Hopefully I will learn some new recipes too!

 Another resolution is for me to DO MORE! Don't waste my time in front of the t.v. I'm gonna turn the t.v. off during the day. I don't like any of the shows anyway. I just watch it because it's on. So, instead of me wasting my life, I plan on turning the t.v. off and turning on adventure! (That sounded like a cheesy slogan for a cruise ship company. lol)

 Another resolution,(I am going to be busy this year!) is just to be more pleasant to people. (Although some are just so stupid you just want to bonk them on the head with a Christmas wrapping tube.)

 And of course, I'll have the lose weight resolution. I made a bet that I would lose 75 lbs buy August. I guess I had better get busy. Hopefully with my new resolutions, It will come off pretty easy. (Ya, right. lol)

 So what are some resolutions that you have made?

 So until next time,

 Small Farm Girl, Resolution Maker. : D

10 comments:

Jederah said...

I have a couple resolutions, cooking more at home and sticking to a better diet. I will have a garden this year!!! Losing weight. Thats about it.

Phelan said...

Moving

Walking again

Annoy the heck out of my new neighbor.

small farm girl said...

Phelan...Resolution number 3, being nicer to people. LOL! I may have to break that one. hehehehehe. Just kidding. :)

Stephanie...Sounds like a plan!

SweetLand Farm said...

Nope I don't make them. I never remember them. So that's that!
Excited to hear and see more about your though! Cooking from scratch yum!! Loosing weight is an awesome goal too! Good luck!

Phelan said...

Good luck sticking to no 3 with me around. Lol! I have already informed you I am evil. Oh on the weight thing, been planing out my new kitchen, awesome by the bye, but it got me thinking, we will have to get together to make a months worth of home processed foods in one day. Ok ok. I will tell you about it later. But you know I love baking and the kitchen plans are the perfect bakery. :D

angela said...

I sincerly wish you all the luck with your resolutions. My resolution is to find me. I have been someones daughter, wife or mother. Now that my kids have left home I hope to find me.

Candy C. said...

I like all your resolutions, they are good ones! My big one this year is the weight loss thingy too...

Anonymous said...

Your resolutions are all very good, but I have not made any yet. Probably will do the one I do every January....watch what I eat...ho hum....debbie

Ann from KY said...

been having the same problem about the tv except it was the computer

made myself work on cleaning the basement it was easier the next time than the time before and I like the results so I am going to keep doing better

Unknown said...

Cut our grocery bill in half by making/growing more and cutting down on (ahem!) recreational beverages....