Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Busy Weekend!

Me and Hubby had a busy weekend. We went to graduation parties, worked in the garden, froze some corn, and went to a horse show.

 Isn't he the cutest thing ever? This was the first time he had ever been in a ring. He won FIRST PLACE!!!!!! Good job!!!!!



Look at that concentration!


This is my friend on a nice palomino stallion. The stallion is only 2 yrs old! He's going to be a big feller.(Sorry these pictures are so bad. I think it's time to buy a new one. Wink,wink. Oh Honey!!!!! hehehehe)

Watching this show got me wanting to be back in the ring again. The last time I was in the ring, I was 17 yrs younger and a million pounds lighter. So, I'm taking riding lessons! Yep, you heard me right. Those poor horses. heehehe. I went to my uncle who has gaited show horses. I asked him to teach me to ride these kind of horses. I always rode quarter horses. I even had a barrel horse at one time. But like I said, that was a million years ago and a million pounds ago. I'm hoping these lessons can get me to get my confidence in riding back. Plus, it's good exercise. Hopefully I'll lose some weight in the process. Wish me luck.

So until next time,

Small Farm Girl, horse rider.

9 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh, how I wish I had the time to take up riding again! And talk about a work out, it doesn't seem right that riding an animal can cause you to exercise yourself, but it's true.

Glad you're going to be horse back again!

The Kelly's Adventures in KY said...

I think you will love riding the gaited horses. My neigbors have gaited, and they go on about how smooth they are. I haven't switched to gaited, still love my insane Arab, but there is nothing like being on the back of any horse to make you just smile at life.

Hope you have an excellent time riding at your Uncles!

Lana from Farm Life Lessons said...

Now, THESE moments are the gold moments in life!!!

granny said...

Good on you for getting back in the saddle sfg !
Giddyup!!

Ashlee said...

COngrats! Where was this show? I grew up showing horses in Ohio also, and seeing stuff like this always makes me want to get back in the saddle again. And have fun with your riding lessons!

small farm girl said...

Thanks for the encouragement guys! It means a lot to me. Tiny, this show was in Ky. I use to show in a small town called Mt Gielead(sp?). We also showed in Delaware. It was fun!

Carol............. said...

That looks like some happy cowboy all right! Woo-hoo!

trump said...

I was just passing through and popping on blogs that I've never been on before. So greetings folks from Lebanon county's Amish community. Richard

Ali said...

Beautiful palamino!!!