Thursday, December 9, 2010

Fashion Vs. Function

I work in the beauty industry. Ok, I put fake nails on people. Close enough. lol. I am suppose to know about fashion and I'm suppose to dress in the latest fashions. At least that is how it's SUPPOSE to be. hehehee. Most of the time I try to be in fashion.(T-shirts are in fashion, right?) But right now, I'm dressing for function.

Our house is cold. COLD, I say! Since we are living in the basement of the new house, a lot of the heat that we have from our wood stove goes up into the uninsulated part of the house. We have tried putting plastic up on the basement's ceiling hoping it would keep some of the warm air down here.  It has....some. Most days it stays around 60 degrees in here. When it's windy out, it will dip down to the low 50's. We have the wood stove, kerosene heater, and the clothes dryer trying to make it warmer in here. Needless to say, fashion goes out the window. hehehehe.

Right now I am wearing a Harley Davidson t-shirt, a Christmas sweater, old jeans, work boots, a carhart winter hat, and a scarf. All of which are all different colors. Not one piece of clothing matches. I don't care. It helps me stay warm. A girl has to do, what a girl has to do. If only the girls I work with could see me now. lol.

So until next time,

Small Farm Girl, fashionista.

8 comments:

Hopeful said...

comfort is the way to go!! when will you be able to move to the upstairs? stay warm!

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

You need some long johns! Hee, Hee!

Hey our average temp is 58, with a high being 63-64F most of the winter and you know what we've become acclimated to that and can't stand it much warmer.

If you don't have a feather tick, try to get one, they are light weight and keep you cozy warm :o) Problem with this is that you won't want to climb outta bed, LOL!!!

Stay warm and forget fashion, I wear an Elmer Fudd Hat and I don't care what anyone says, it keeps my ears and head toasty warm, even in sub zero temps. with windchills.
Blessings,
Kelle

Tonia said...

Lol!! If you get along black coat to cover anything you could say you are dressing Goth....Haha! Yep Fashion goes right out the window.. Or I like to call it my own sense of style!
We added some insulation recently in key places here and it made a world of difference!

John Going Gently said...

love the blog!
greetings from wales!

Horses Are Our Lives said...

oh, that is cold. Is the basement insulated. When we start our wood stove, it gets almost too hot. I hope the house doesn't take too long to get done. Do you have a door to close off the basement?

V.L. Locey said...

Comfort all the way!! Hope you can stay warm.

thecrazysheeplady said...

I got some polar fleece lined khakis at TSC yesterday. I'm loving them!

MarkD60 said...

A picture is worth a thousand words!