Sunday, December 13, 2009

Facebook

Have you ever run into a friend that you haven't seen in about 5 years and it felt like you have never been apart? Well that's what happened to me today at the grocery store. (See, Kroger's is good for something!) We chatted for a while. And yes, we blocked isles. (Quit looking at me that way!) It just felt so good to see her again. You know the kind of good I'm talking about,the good, warm, fuzzy feeling good. We said we would stay in contact with each other over facebook. So I went home, got right on the computer, went to FB, and couldn't find her! Oh no!!!!!!! I went through 510 people looking at pictures looking for her. I didn't know there could be that many people with her name. Still nothing. I was heart broken. Then I went back to my home page and what did I see? A friend request! She found me!!!! How wonderful!

As I was skimming down through FB, a came across a picture of a beautiful Quarter horse for sale. What?! There's usually not pictures of horses on my FB. A lot of my friends don't have horses. This deserved a closer look. And I did look closer. I've been looking for another horse. I'm done with the "walking" horses around here. I have tried for 15 years to like them. I have. I just can't compare them to a good Quarter horse. Their temperament is different and everything. So I called my friend, and now I'm going to go check this horse out. We shall see. I don't want just another horse. I want the horse that will "click" with me. If he doesn't, I will just go on down the road. As cheap as horses are now, I should have no problem finding one that does "click". I told hubby that if I decide to get this horse, he wouldn't have to buy me a Christmas present. hehehehe. That got him. I'm tricky, huh? I'll keep you up to date on the search.

So until next time....

Small Farm Girl, Horse looker.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd take a quarter horse over a Walking forse any day of the week. They can't compare to a good sound, stocky quarter horse! Good for you!I like the old style quarter horse, shorter, shocky, short neck, small head and lots of common sense!! Good luck looking!!...debbie

Tonia said...

Yeah for the reconnecting with old friends! Good luck on the horse!!

granny said...

I found my cousin after 23 years on f/b...amazing !
Good luck looking for your Quarter Horse!

Horses Are Our Lives said...

That's wonderful! I know you will find that special horse, as I will. I am so happy that you are also following your heart and your dream, as I am! I'm starting to think that when the time is right for me, that the special horse for me will be there. I know it will be the same for you! Good luck with this horse, but if the horse doesn't work for you, don't be unhappy, because you will be 1 step closer to that horse that will fulfill you! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. I was filling a little "something" last night, and now you are giving me hope. Maybe what I am going through, there are others, and if I can help someone else while I am helping "myself" by writing my thoughts down, then I am happy. There had to be a reason that you found a friend while grocery shopping, and when a friend found you on FB, so when you are least expecting it, you will find your horse! I believe that with my whole heart!

V.L. Locey said...

Congrats on finding your old friend! FB is wonderful for that isn`t it? Good luck with finding your horse!

The Wife said...

I've caught up with a lot of old friends thru FB. It really is amazing! Good luck with the horse search.

June said...

Facebook scares me! I'm so glad you had a happy experience on it. Who knew you could find old friends...and horses!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow! An old friend and a horse prospect! Miracles never cease to amaze me!

So, I hope you will post more about your opinions on the walking horses sometime. I've often thought of having one because of my hip displasia and back/neck issues.

I'd love to be able to click with a horse, too. My horse oftentimes just seems to tolerate me....just so I will give her treats.


~Lisa