Monday, May 5, 2014

Ooooops! I Feel Sick Now

Hubby, Glamour Girl, and I went on a mini vacation this past weekend.  We went to the Smoky Mountain National Park.  At the foot of the Great Smoky Mountains is Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg   Glamour Girl had two weeks in between college courses, so we decided it would be nice for her.  It's just a few hours drive from the house.  It's a nice place to visit.  It has a mix of nature and tourism.  You can pick which one you want to immerse yourself in.  We picked a mix of both.  We went to a place called Cades Cove.  It's a beautiful place surrounded by beautiful mountains.  It has an abundance of wildlife that live there.  It also has many old buildings from when the settlers come to the place.  These building include churches, houses, and a grist mill.  At the time we were there, they were doing a demonstration of how the mill works.  It was really interesting!

I also had pictures of when we went up on the top of one of the mountains that overlook Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg  It was awesome.  The views were breath taking.  I took many pictures.  Pictures that were good enough to frame.  Then....... I hit the wrong button.

I deleted ALL of my pictures. Both off of the computer and off of my camera.  I'm sick to my stomach.  We hardly go on vacation and I wanted to remember this one with many pictures.  I took pictures of everything. And now they are all gone.  I feel awful. I guess I can use this as a learning experience.  I now know to make sure that I have MANY backups for all of my pictures before I delete anything. Hey!  Maybe this is any excuse to go back! lol.  Got to keep looking on the bright side.

So until next time,

Small Farm Girl, Just Sick


7 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

Oh, I feel sick for you and for me, just thinking how awful I would feel. Yes, you must go back.

DFW said...

Oh yes, that is definitely a sick feeling, so sorry that happened.

We had friends that got married at one of the churches in Cades Cove many years ago in October. Certainly a high time for visitors but it rained gently that whole day, making it scarce of people. I remember sunflowers & candles in the church & it was just beautiful!

small farm girl said...

I agree!!! :-D

small farm girl said...

DFW, that would have been a beautiful wedding!!!!!!!

Kellie from Indiana said...

So sorry you deleted your pics. Digital is convenient but as with all technology accidents happen. I would be sick too as my memory is not that great. Even with pictures!

Vera said...

Oh dear!!!! Have done that myself, so know how you feel!

Anonymous said...

There are file recovery programs available that will recover deleted files. You have to use them before doing too much more on the computer so the freed up hard drive space is not overwritten, but they work well. Maybe recovering from your camera is possible. Sorry I don't have a specific reference at the moment, but i have used them to recover quite a bit of lost work. CNet and other major geek website usually have something available.

Ron