Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Back on Track

I haven't had much time to post on here lately. We've had goats having babies alllllll over the place!!!! Hannah had triplets! Two boys and a girl. Ditto, being a first time mom, had a little buckling. She's one of the best moms! But, she has been promised to a good friend of ours, so she, and her little boy, will be going to a new home. Now we are just waiting for two more does to have their little ones and them we will be done with kidding season this year.

 We also had another batch of rabbits. This is the new momma. I don't know how many yet. And no, I'm not looking. hehehe. Step away from the rabbits. This rabbit is very skittish around people anyway, so I'm trying not to get her upset. When I feed her, I usually give her a little extra treat. Something like dandelions greens or some plantain. I think she will come around to where she gets to trusting me. Although, she's a little old to start with trusting issues.

Between the raindrops, Hubby planted the garden. We have most of the things that we wanted to get planted, planted. Somethings we'll be planting for a fall garden. Things like onions and beets. Maybe another row of corn or two. We'll see.

 While all of this has been going on, me and Hubby have been fighting a bad cold. It's funny, I never get colds in the winter,(probably because our house is too cold for germs to live in it. lol) but I will get one in the summer. It's not allergies because it usually only last about a week, but it hits hard. But, we are slowly getting back to normal around here so hopefully things will get back on track.

 So until next time,

 Small Farm Girl, normal lover

4 comments:

Muffy's Marks said...

The farm is growing by leaps and bounds!!

thecrazysheeplady said...

You so far from normal... ;-D

Candy C. said...

Congrats on all the baby goats and rabbits and getting the garden in! Sorry you guys have been under the weather, hope you are feeling better soon!

Katidids said...

Congrats on all the babies & hope you kick that cold soon. Glad to hear the garden is in. Can't wait to see photos as it grows