Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Before Winter

I love mornings. Just sitting here, drinking my tea, enjoying the new day. I usually sit and think about the things I need to get done that day. The more I think about it, the more I realize I shouldn't be sitting and thinking about it. I've got a lot of things to get done! I'm afraid to make a list, there might be a paper shortage if I do. lol.

With hubby going to be going to GA(that's the state of Georgia for my Aussie friends.lol)for training, we have to get a lot of things done before he goes.  Things that we would have had all Fall to do, is cut down to only 2 or 3 weeks. One thing we HAVE to do, is get into our new house. At least in the basement. (it's a walk in basement) We won't have inside doors, or all the inside walls, but it will still be better than what we live in now. I'll find some throw rugs somewhere to put down on the concrete floor. I'm actually looking forward to it. It's going to be a challenge. lol. I haven't put any pictures up here yet of our basement. I want to do a "before and after" type of thing. lol

Another thing that we have to do is reduce our chicken "herd". We don't have as many as we did. But we still have a way to go. We did take a day and butcher a few, but it started to get so hot that the flies were getting bad. So, we decided to wait for a cooler day.

We also have to build a shelter for the goats. My goal is to get them here, instead of down at my FIL's house, before it gets too cold. (Another thing on the list!)

We have to put up the fence that was taken down when the county came and widened our road. We need to do this because the fence that they took down was for the pasture where we winter the cattle and horses.  AAAAAUUUUGGGHHHHH!!!!

And then we have to.....
And then we have to....
And then..........

My head is swimming!!!!!!

Maybe I'll just dig a hole in the grown and hibernate for the winter.

So until next time,

Small Farm Girl, over whelmed.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am so happy to hear that hubby got the job! Now, you'll have a job just getting ready to move before he goes to Georgia! But that's a good thing!You do indeed have a lot to do! I'm trying to re-do closets and get ready to take some stuff to Salvation Army sometime this week. Good luck with all your "TO DO STUFF"...debbie

V.L. Locey said...

Glad to hear hubby got the job! We too have chickens to butcher...lots of chickens! And a steer that will need to be put in the freezer when it gets colder.

Always something to keep us busy isn`t there? =)

taylorgirl6 said...

One day at a time. One chore at a time.

And I so get where you're coming from right now. School, work, remodeling the house, getting a new furnace installed... How's a girl supposed to find time to put the garden to bed? When am I going to get around to winterizing the chicken coop? What the heck am I gonna do with the compost??

Denise said...

Try to get the big things done first while your hubby is there and leave some of the smaller things that you can do on your own for when he isnt. That way you'll be so busy the time will just fly by until he is back home. And take deep breaths, it will be OK...

Mrs Pretzel said...

Sometimes, when I have so MUCH to get done, I have to make myself a DONE list. It's usually MUCH longer than my To Do list at the end of the day. On days when the To Do list doesn't seem to get shorter, it's nice to see that things still got DONE! Looking forward to pictures!

Teri said...

Girl ....
There is never enough time to do the things that need to be done on a farm. And then add into the mix ...building a home,work,school, well .... you know!
Wow! You Spin!!! How long have you been spinning?? I can't wait until I can get to my wheel spinning ... I have to learn by way of drop spindle first and then onto the wheel ... I will be a bit yet ... But I can't wait!
I have to say I just LOVE the way the wool feels ...
What part of KY. do you live?
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Teri♥♥♥

Teri said...

We live in Russell Springs ...
Lake Cumberland ... Alligator dock and the Jamestown Marina.
We are also implants and just love it here!

Russell Kofoed said...

I can relate. There's the things I've got to do before I leave to deer camp. And then there are the things I've got to do before the snow falls. And then...

I make a list on the computer on a table. One list of things that absolutely have to be done today, one list of things that need to get done soon, and a list of things I need to buy.

When I get something accomplished I highlight it and turn it yellow on the computer. Then I can see how much I got done by looking at all the yellow!

Melodie said...

Oh girl, do I know how you feel! My fall to do list is a mile long and they I have some of the same things on mine like a goat barn and killing chickens! Hope you get all your things done!

goatmilker said...

I understand this we have to move all our cows around before winter comes. That is probally the major thing but the list is a mile long. Hang in there and hope you can get it all accomplished.

Anonymous said...

SFG I took training in Georgia in the early 1980's at Glynco. I was working for the federal Pen. Is this where he's going? If so it is a really nice place with lots of good food!! Glad to hear he got a job in this day and age. Fatkat.

Peacemom said...

SMG! Congrats to your hubby on the job, send some good mojo my way, my hubby's been looking for 9 months now...ugh...

And this time, it's my turn to say, I'm tired just reading your todo list! On breath at a time, you'll get there! ~Vonnie

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh my gosh! I hear ya! "The more I think about it, the more I realize I shouldn't be sitting and thinking about it." That is me to a 'T'! It' so easy to get overwhelmed, too.
I think the best way is to just prioritize, only doing the most important stuff first, and trying not to get overwhelmed with all the other stuff that can wait a little longer.

~Lisa

thecrazysheeplady said...

I know that feeling for sure.