Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Update on Job

Hubby hasn't heard anything about the local job yet. They told him they were accepting applications until this Friday. Then after they get the apps, they would call him. Hopefully everything will work out.

Right now there isn't really much he can do around the farm, at least not outside. It has rained so much around here! The garden is a big soup bowl. I hope it starts to dry out some. I hate to say that, because it seems like every time we start complaining about it raining too much, we end up getting a drought later on in the year. Then, we are begging for rain. Humans, we can never be satisfied. lol.

The rain IS good for hay though. We should have a good crop this year. That helps out a lot!!!!!! Not just for us, but for people that have to buy their hay. Prices tend to go down when there is a lot of rain. Plus, if we have extra, we can sell some of ours to other people as well.

People ask me what I have been doing since Hubby has been out of town during the week. Can you say CLEANING!!!!? Why is it that when your husband is not at home, you can get sooooo much cleaning down? Don't get me wrong, I would rather have a dirty house and have him home. But, WOW! I have cleaned places in this house that haven't been cleaned forever. It's starting to look like a normal house again. LOL.

I'm even losing more weight now that he is not here. It's okay to just eat veggies. There doesn't have to be a big meat dish to call it dinner. LOL. I had better watch, he will come back to a small wife and then he won't want to go out of town to make money. LOL!!(Just kidding Honey!)

But, my biggest fear with him being gone, is something will happen to the cows(getting out) or the new house (storm damage or fire). Let's just pray nothing like that happens. I'm just a worrier. Hubby always tells me to quit worrying. But, that's my job, that's what I do. LOL

So until next time,

Small Farm Girl, worrier.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things have a way of working out for the best, even tho we may question it. He will choose the right one, or the right one will choose HIM!! We have not had the rain that everyone has had. For some strange reason, the rain has gone all around us!!...debbie

V.L. Locey said...

It does seem that every time the hubby is gone that`s when the doo-doo hits the fan. But we are strong women and we always deal don`t we?

granny said...

I hope there is some good news coming your way soon :0)
And remember...'99% of what we worry about,never happens '

granny said...

Hello again !
I have an award for you on my blog if you would like to pick it up :0)
Have fun with it!
I hope your weekend is a good one.