Saturday, June 6, 2009

That Mocking Bird is Mocking Me

I love birds. Every type of birds. I love watching them in our hay fields. I like watching them eat from my bird feeders. I even like the ones that have made nests on my front porch.(Don't like the the poop on my porch though) Me and Hubby will sit on our front porch in the morning and listen to the meadow larks calling back and forth. At night, we will sit and listen to the whipper-whirls whipping back and forth. I like all birds. But,(you guys knew this was coming didn't ya) I have this bird, a mocking bird to be exact, that sits on the fence post right outside our bedroom window. It thinks that it's main job in life is to wake me up before my alarm clock does, WAY before my alarm clock.

I've begged and pleaded with him, but he just doesn't care. I've tried to reason with him that I stayed up late last night doing something real important.( like read) He just ignores me. He's very unreasonable. I've tried covering my head with my pillow. He just sings louder. I've even yelled at him though the screen in my window. Nothing. He just flies away, just long enough to where I can doze back off to sleep. Then, BOOM, he's right back on the fence post laughing at me. But, as soon as I've had enough and throw the covers off of me and my feet hit the floor, he flies away. I've tried to trick him and go back to sleep, nope, I think he watches me. If I don't get all the way up, he's back.

I think this bird has some evil ploy against me. I don't know why. I didn't hold any of his offspring hostage for money or anything like that. Maybe he is just mean.

So for now....

One very tired Small Farm Girl.

P.S. I wonder what mocking bird taste like?

2 comments:

Snowbound Farms said...

I've got a squirrel that could be friends with your mocking bird. Good Luck!

Tonia said...

Mocking Bird taste like CHICKEN!!Lol