Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Naked!

Now that I have your attention, I'm talking about the trees. LOL (Get your mind out of the gutter!) All the leaves are gone. One minute they are green and lush. You blink and they have turned colors and then they are gone.

I love fall, but, it doesn't last very long. Today, in fact, the weather man was talking about snow this weekend! SNOW! It's just hard to comprehend. I know it's time for it and all. I just have to convince my body that it is time for it. lol. Well, to get prepared, we have been cutting and splitting wood.  My body is NOT use to THAT. Every cell in my body is sore. I think my hair is even sore. lol. But, it's a good sore. I can say that I got my pilot license today. Hubby would cut and split the wood, and I would pilot (Get it, pile it? hehehhe).

Hubby has also, been stringing fence the past few days. The county took down over 1500 ft of fence when they came through to widen the road. We have to put it back up. Just doesn't seem fair. But, they did get us new fence post and barbwire. Plus, you can look at it this way. They did clean out our fence line for us. lol. We need the fence back up before winter. The part of the fence that they took down is the part were we feed the cattle in the winter. And since the weatherman did say we could have snow this week, I can say that winter is here. hehehehe.  Are you ready?

So until next time,

Small Farm Girl, pilot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heck no, I'm not ready for snow! We hardly had a fall, can't be time for snow. Flurries are ok but nothing that accumulates. Sounds like you guys have been really busy. How's the house coming downstairs. Getting things put away and organized? It's a lot of work, plus all the outside stuff...debbie

Grandpa said...

I'm here not because of that title - honest!
Snowing already? I wrote about the fallen leaves a couple of posts back, and how I struggled to set up The Farm in the latest - come over for a visit?

Well done, pilot!

Tonia said...

NNNNNNOOOOOO Bad S word!!lol I am not ready for it at all!

Country at Heart said...

thank God I live in NJ and not where snow is even talked about until Late November/December

Melissa E said...

Snow! No way, it was in the 80's here last week, its cold now but not cold enough for snow! That is not fair about the fences, the county should come back and put them up for you! Congrats on your "pilot's license"...my hubby would love for me the get mine...hehe....