Thursday, January 20, 2011

Things That Just Happen

I got home from work yesterday. I was tired. I didn't want much to eat.(diet) So I decided to eat the fresh pineapple that I got from Kroger's for $1. Woo Hoo!!!! My mouth was watering as I cut into the nice juicy pineapple. I cut it like a watermelon so that I could just eat it off the rind. I took the pineapple(just half of it) to the couch and sat back to watch American Idol.

I was really getting into the show. But, half way though, I noticed that my lips were starting to sting. I looked down at the pineapple and noticed that there was blood on it. What!!!! I run to the bathroom. My lips were bleeding. The pineapple was making my lips bleed! Ouch!!!!! I stopped the bleeding and put Vaseline on them to stop the stinging. I then went back to  watch the show. Steven Tyler was on the show. Priorities!

A few minutes later my lips started to feel funny. Now what?  I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. My lips had ballooned up to to twice the size they normally were!!!! Wow!!! My tongue wasn't swelling or my throat wasn't closing up, so I knew I wasn't allergic to the fruit. My lips just swelled because of the irritation from the pineapple.

So what would a person like me do? Use ice? Use more Vaseline? Put on some lip balm? Heck no! I put on lipstick, took some pictures on my phone, and sent the pictures to all of my friends.  Hey, people pay big money for this look. hehehee

So until next time,

Small Farm Girl Jolie

14 comments:

Rae said...

I wish there was a "like" button on blogger. That's hilarious!

Meadowlark said...

Oh. I see how it is.
Feel the love....
no pictures for US. :(

You can crop out the rest of your face if ya want. I just wanna giggle at Angelina-SFG. (small farm girl) :)

SweetLand Farm said...

Oh no not pineapple! LOVE pineapple, but have never found it for $1!! I can eat one for a meal too!! Great find! Hope your lips feel better today...

Donna. W said...

I can't eat fresh pineapple; it never bothered my lips, but it makes my tongue really hurt. I looked it up online, it's fairly common. Some people can't eat fresh pineapple; canned doesn't have the enzymes that cause the problem. Here's a link:

http://www.yumsugar.com/Burning-Question-Why-Does-Pineapple-Irritate-Your-Mouth-3098109

Anonymous said...

You are so funny!!! but what a good idea to fool your friends. They probably thought you've lost your mind. Fresh Pineapple makes my mouth and lips feel funny too. It's so good, but it hurts to eat it...that's NO good!!...debbie

Texan said...

rofl

well I am glad it wasn't a life threatening allergic reaction. What no pictures for us to see? lol

Melodie said...

OK I think we all want a photo !

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Such a hoot you are, to think that people actually pay big $$ to look like that, now you know if you want puffy, pouty lips just suck on a pineapple

Seriously now, good thin it wasn't a full blown allergic reaction. I think I'd avoid fresh pineapple for now on. Maybe it wasn't the pineapple but a preservative sprayed on the fruit???

Glad you didn't have any worse reaction., PTL!

BTW, did you get pictures, I bet you looked just like( which blonde hollywood movie star???)LOL!!!!
Kelle

Nancy said...

Right on! When life gives you puffy lips -- flaunt them! :)

granny said...

Too funny :0)

angela said...

Brilliant!!

V.L. Locey said...

Too darn funny!

The Kelly's Adventures in KY said...

Hilarious! We want to see pictures! :)

thecrazysheeplady said...

You are a mess. ;-) Where are the pictures?!?