Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Still Kickin'

Hi EVERYONE!!!!
Been a long time!  Things are busy here on the farm and at the shop.  That's good!!  I just thought I would stop in and catch up on a few things.  One thing I've noticed is that Google Blogger has changed since the last time I was on here.  Not liking it.  I have to jump through too many hoops just to do what I want. May look into changing places.  We shall see.  It all depends on time and effort.  I'm not really writing that much here so not real sure what I'm going to do.

Anyway, I'll update you a bit on things around the farm.  We are inheriting two hives of honey bees.  Hubby is pretty excited about it.  Well, I am too!  Although, I'm not going to be doing anything with the actual bees.  Nope.  No way.  No how.  I'll do the honey work, not going to mess with the bees.  Me and anything that craws or flies do not get along.  That will be Hubby's work. He thinks it's fun, so I'm all for him doing it too.  We haven't gotten them yet, but we will be in the near future.

The dogs are doing good.  Although right before I went to work this morning, I let them out to run and play for a bit.  Holley came back with cow poop all over her.  She rolled in it.  She rolled in it A LOT!  I didn't have time to wash her or I would be late for a client, so I left her in the house.  Hopefully she will just go to her bed and sleep there until I get back home.  I know they both needed a bath, but I was hoping to wait until this weekend.  I guess not. Going to have to get that smell out of the house too.  Good thing I don't mind the smell of cow. lol

Speaking of cows, we've had two calves in the last month or two.  They are cute little bulls destined for the freezer or the sales.  It all depends on if we can get our corral fixed.  We tried moving two bulls last fall and one of the bulls tried jumping the corral fence.   Well, he kind of went up and through it instead of over it, so we have to fix that.  We need to completely go and build a new corral.  The old one is just falling down.  We may just have to have a corral raisin'.  Bunch of people get together and build a corral and I'll fix them all some good dinner.  Anyone up to it? lol

I wanted to take the time to write today since I honestly feel like I've been neglecting my blog.  I do get ideas of what I want to write, but by the time I can sit down and write, I'm so tired all I want to do is relax.  I'm not going to promise that I'll be on here more, I'm not going to promise that I am going to take more pictures, and I'm not going to promise that it won't be a long time before I'm back here.  I just going to write when I do get time.  Hopefully it won't be too far apart. Thanks for sticking with me.

So until next time,

Small Farm Girl, still here.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad things are going well. Just curious if homesteading. Neophyte and her family at all ok?

angela said...

Time flys!
We all need a break now and again
Good to hear from you

Lynda said...

I've been wondering about Phelan, too...I do follow the motorcycle shop Facebook's page and it looks like the business is doing well.