Friday, February 17, 2017

Hurricane Holley

Well, if you read my last post, you know I got some good news.  I just have to go back now and have it checked every so often to see if there is any change.  I'll take it!  I wanted this year to be the year that I got healthy but, I didn't want to get scared to death doing it. lol

Let's change the subject now. Hopefully no more talk of cancer. EVER.

Holley, our tri colored Australian Shepherd decided that she was going to give me a heart attack. She came in one day with a huge gash down her side. Now, if I can only figure out how to take photos off of my phone and put them on the computer, I would show you.  But since I'm computer and phone illiterate, I'm not able to as of now.   It was so big they did surgery on her and had to put in a drain tube.  It was horrible.  The poor pup hated to be confined.  Worse than that, she hated the dreaded "Cone of Shame" that we had to put around her neck.  We kept the cone on her for 4 days until the tube came out.  Then she got to wear a modified t-shirt that we cut down the back and them cut strips to tie together on her back.  It worked, but she didn't like that either.  Finally after 11 days, she got to get her stitches out.  She still stuck to me like glue but, she is coming out of it and acting like herself again.  This whole ordeal hasn't slowed her down one bit.  She's not nicknamed Hurricane Holley for nothing.

We never did figure out what happened to her.  She wasn't outside for 5 minutes.  Honestly.  I let them out, went to put clothes on and came back and she was waiting outside the door.  Weird.  I'll get some pictures of her side tonight and put them on here.  It will be the "after" but, no one really wants to see the "before" pictures.  They were gross.

I plan on trying to be back blogging again.  I really missed you guys!!!  Also, if you are on the dreaded Facebook,  you can find me there.  Just look for Small Farm Girl.  You may even get to hear me and my friends play some good ole bluegrass music.  lol. I put some things on there every once in a while.

So until next time,

Small Farm Girl, back to normal. (I hope.)


2 comments:

DFW said...

Very happy about your diagnosis & the fact that Holley is getting well. Who knows what they get themselves into?

Vera said...

Sorry to hear about your dog, and hope she heals quickly. And happy news about the cancer. Will wander across to FB to hear your music now.. we are interested in having a go at playing bluegrass, and at the moment play Irish.