Monday, September 1, 2014

Bad Things And Good Things

Many things have happened since my last post. As you have probably already heard, we here in Blog Land, have lost a real icon of homesteading.  Sci-Fi Chick died.  I'm not going to go into any details.  I'm sure she would hate all of  the attention her death is getting, but I also don't think she realized how much she touched the lives of so many people.  We use to talk a lot in Wolfe's chat room, sometimes way up into the night.  I will miss those chats.  I talked a lot with her and I think we had become friends, at least as close as the Internet would let you.  You will be missed Sci.

Since it has been so long since I have posted on here I thought I would try and catch you up on what has been going on.  We have been really busy around here.  We were given a bunch of corn so we froze a few bags for later.  I just love frozen corn.  It tastes just like fresh picked corn. No canned corn can compare.  If the electric is out for a long while we will keep the freezer going with a generater.  If we can no longer run the gererator, we will be canning some corn really fast. lol. I think the taste of frozen corn is worth the gamble. We froze some of the corn that we grew, wasn't as good as the corn that we were given, but it will work in the middle of the winter.  I think we waited a little too long to pick it.  It wasn't as milky as I like it.  I'm picky.

I have officially signed the contract to be a writer for Molly Green Magazine!!!  I actually have something published on their website!!  I'm soooo excited!!!  I'm talking about Hubby and I trying to eat more organic foods because of his health scare. It's a short article but it's still an article that I wrote, publish by the magazine.  You can read it here.Our Journey To Wellness Begins  Did I tell you that I'm EXCITED!!!!!! LOL!!!

So until next time,

Small Farm Girl, saddened, yet excited at the same time.


6 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

Good for you!!!

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. {{{hug}}}

Sandy Livesay said...

SFG,

I'm very saddened and will miss our dear friend SCI.

Congrats on your article, and becoming a member of Molly Green.

Felinae said...

Congratulations! The article was great!

~Hugs~
Fel

freerangegirl said...

Congratulations - a big achievement., you should feel deservedly proud!

Frank and Fern said...

Good article, SFG! I look forward to reading your next installments. I always learn from how other folks do things. So, I will pull up a chair and be one of your attentive students. Congratulations!

Fern

Frank and Fern said...

Hey! SFG! Where did you go? We're waiting for another update. I think you must be too busy.......

Fern