Thursday, January 31, 2013

Today

Well, the wind has hit us with a vengeance. Or, should I say the COLD wind.  Now, nothing has been blown away, (yet) so I'm thankful for that. But, BOY is it cold!!!!! I want to go back to the temps in the 60's. I got spoiled!

Still waiting on the goat babies. I figure it's suppose to be down in the teens tonight so that's when it's gonna happen. They ALWAYS pick the best time to have them. Ya, right.  I was hoping that I miscalculated when they were due and they would be born in a week when it's suppose to be warm again. Here's to hoping!!!!

I loved writing on my blog so much yesterday that I have made a decision to (get ready for this!) actually take time out of my day and write! I even rearranged a bedroom just so that it's my "writing room."  It's just for me. I'm gonna put all of my inspirational stuff in it along with my spinning things. I'll take a picture when it's done. It's my wo-man cave.

Another thing I've done today, and I'm thinking about keeping this going, is NOT turning on the t.v.  I usually turn it on first thing in the morning to see if I've missed anything over night. Most times, I haven't. So today I just thought, "Nope, not gonna do it." And I LIVED!!!!! LOL!  Actually, I kind of like it. So no more t.v. for me.(Well, I've got to watch Duck Dynasty. I mean, come on! Priorities! :)  )

Since I haven't had the t.v.on today, I made a giant batch of veggie soup. We will be able to eat on this forever!  Which will be fine with me. I love veggie soup.  It's funny how you can get things done if you aren't "Just stopping to watch this".

Well, I'm gonna go and check the goats and see if we have any babies yet.

So until next time,

Small Farm Girl, wo-man cave owner.

5 comments:

Sandy Livesay said...

Sometimes it's nice to have the quiet time without the TV on.

Vegetable soups is wonderful for this cold weather were having.

Candy C. said...

I'm sooo jealous of your wo-man cave! My problem isn't the TV, it's the stupid computer and reading everyone's blogs! LOL!!
Hope you don't get blown away!

small farm girl said...

Sandy, the quiet was wonderful!!!!!

Candy C. I have a small problem with the computer too, but I can only look at so many things in one setting. I try to limit my blogs too. I have a reader on my phone too. That way if we are somewhere and waiting on Hubby to quit talking, I read blogs. lol. I'm trying not to be blown away. It's hard though. :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the baby goats! They are just so cute!! Gee, you would think they'd wait till mid March!! lol I thought about making a veg-beef soup myself. Need to go to the grocery to get some more veggies. I have some left over eye of round beef I thought I'd use....debbie

small farm girl said...

Debbie,
That's what I did. I had left over roast, so of course I thought veggie soup. I used the veggies that I canned from our garden last year. Yummmmmooooo