Monday, September 5, 2011

Times they are a Changin

Do you remember the old saying," If you don't like the weather, just stick around, it will change."? Well, that's the way our weather has been this year. Cold, hot, muggy, dry, and sometimes, windy.  Well, to be honest, I'm glad. I like the change of the weather. By the time that I'm tired of winter, Spring arrives. When I'm tired of Summer, Fall arrives. I just don't think I could live where there is no change of seasons. So what does that mean? I'm ready for Fall!

I'm ready for the cool nights where we can sit around a camp fire. I'm ready for the leaves to change their colors. I'm ready for the smell of smoke from the  fire in our wood stove. Yes, I'm ready for Fall. I'm having dreams of warm, wool sweaters. Hopefully, when I learn to knit, ones that I make from wool that I have spun myself. (I know, dream big. :))

Speaking of wool, I just got word from my friend who sells meat goats, that she will have a load of sheep going to the butcher around Thanksgiving. That means 25 bags of fleece for free! Yea!!!!! I don't know what color or how good they will be, but, who cares!!!!! I just love the opportunity to go through the wool and see if it's any good to process. This could be interesting.  Hopefully, I'll remember to take pictures of it when it comes in.

So until next time,

Small Farm Girl, season lover.

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

I am SO interested to see what you do with raw fleece... I have always been curious, and am seriously excited to have read this post, and am really looking forward to a follow up. And I know exactly what you are saying about seasons. I could never live somewhere that doesn't have seasons. Ohio really has good transitions. I love it!

V.L. Locey said...

Ooo, I`m interested to see what you do with that fleece as well SFG. I`m ready for fall too!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to fall too, but not so much winter. I'm not fond of the freezing cold! Time goes soooo slow in the winter! I didn't know you spun yarn!! Good for you!! Missed hearing from you too...write more often ok? ...debbie ( did you get anymore done on your house this summer? Have you moved upstairs yet??)

SweetLand Farm said...

I like the seasons too, just not so much crazy about winter. Been an interesting year of weather here for sure!

small farm girl said...

TG..I wouldn't have it any other way.

Vicki..Yea Fall!!!! lol

Debbie..I'm hoping that when things slow down around here, I'll be able to blog more. We haven't done much with the house. We are still in the basement. But, I expect us to work more on it when bad weather starts around here.


Sweetland Farm.. Not ready for winter either.