Saturday, August 15, 2009

Rally On The River

Hey everyone, it's your long lost blogger Small Farm Girl. You know, the blogger that hasn't been blogging lately. This learning to homestead is pretty hard work. lol. But, it is worth it. Me and Hubby have been canning tomato juice, freezing corn,freezing cherry tomatoes, freezing bell peppers, and on top of all of that, working my "regular" job. Tomorrow we are going to try to can some sausa. I'm just going to make up the recipe as I go.

The garden has just about had it. It's croaking out it's last bit of food. In a way it's sad, but, in a way I'm doing back flips and yelling YAHOO! I'm just about done myself. Don't tell anyone, but I'm about ready for fall.

Oh yea, has anyone ever heard of being able to freeze turnips? We will have an abundance of them and I don't want them to go to waste. We don't have a root celler yet. Any suggestions would be apreciated.

Now to what me and Hubby did today. We went to a motorcycle rally. I have never seen so many motorcycles at one spot, at one time.


I have also never seen so many people that should NOT wear bikinis. Just because they make the bikini in your size, does NOT mean you have to wear it. There are images that are burned into my brain that I will probably never forget. EEEWWWWW!!!We didn't stay for more than an hour. Don't get me wrong, there were nice bikes there. There were also some people who did dress nice. It wasn't all bad. It was just soooo humid and hot, we just didn't want to stay around for long.



I had just taken this photo a few days ago and thought that I would post it today. Just so I could have a nice ending to this post. It has not been touched up or anything. I think it's beautiful. It's little things like these sunsets that me glad I live in the country.



So for now.....

Small Farm Girl, fashion guru.(LOL)

5 comments:

Andora said...

I think they could leave the bikinis at home..the sunset was beautiful...

Anonymous said...

Was that Rally in Ashland? I know what you mean about the little things the girls wear and shouldn't...lol Sounds like you have been busy, busy busy in the kitchen!! Your sunset is beautiful!! nice photo!!!...debbie

NPT said...

nice pic..........

Jennifer said...

Beautiful sunset! I totally agree with your fashion sense!! LOL!

R Dean said...

SFG,

Great pic of the sunset! My wife read your comment about turnips and said there are some guides to preserving turnips on the following websites. http://www.gardenguides.com and http://www.homefamily.net. If you get a chance, please check our blog at http://www.windeeacresfarm.blogspot.com

R Dean